Sunday, February 17, 2008

Goodbye Grant

I found out yesterday that my once co-worker and generally great guy passed away about a month ago. Grant Sligh worked next to me at my first full time job and gave me countless tips on Flash in his Scottish accent. We both tended to arrive at work about half an hour after everyone else. He admonished me for never hearing of the Pogues. When he was buying his beloved scooter, he'd give me daily updates on which model he was looking at. He also gave me some priceless words on animation in New York part of which I actually included in a comic published last year in Not My Small Diary #13.



I picture him donning his helmet, getting onto his vespa and riding into the sunset wearing a three piece suit. Grant was one of a kind, and he'll be missed.

There's a celebration of Grant's life planned for Wednesday February 27th, 7:30 pm at Botanica 47 E. Houston (bet. Green and Mott St.) NYC
Won't you come by and lift a pint for him?

7 comments:

Nelson Diaz said...

I'm sorry to here this.

I don't know your friend but I remember you telling me about him and this makes me really sad.

I always get worried that I don't keep in touch with people enough and that I'll find out someone I didn't talk to enough but occupies a place in my heart will be gone.

Liam said...

Sorry to hear about your friend alisa-anyone who recommends some pogues to you has to be pretty good in my opinion.
Deepest sympathies

ALBERT PARDO said...

---I WAS SO SHOCKED TO HEAR ABOUT GRANT, HIS SURLY NATURE ALONG WITH HIS ACCENT WILL SURELY BE MISSED NOT JUST IN THE ANIMATION INDUSTRY...

--BY THE WAY, THAT COMIC IS HILARIOUS, IS THAT ME NEXT YOU IN THE FIRST PANEL..?

---AMAZIN'

Alisa said...

Thanks for the kind words Nels and Liam.

Al- I was shocked too. And ya, you and a lot of the katbot crew are in that comic. thanks!

Lovelace said...

I worked with Grant on three or four projects. A really delightful, fantastic soul. What a sad loss.

mikecarloooyeah said...

So sad... I remember hearing about Gran fighting Larry from AC. OH boy I wish I was there to see that one.

GOGOPEDRO said...

Don't know him But Wishing I did right now... Sounds like a great guy...