Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fall into Zines

Hello! It's been a busy couple of weeks now that I'm working full time on another animation project. The blog will be a bit slow for the next two months since all of my spare time is spent working on a long term project that isn't quite ready to unveil yet. I do tend to post updates more frequently to my twitter if you like hearing about vegetarian food I'm cooking, what the cats are up to, and sometimes comic and animation links.

In the meantime, I wanted to give a heads up on the final event I'll be tabling at for 2011: Fall into Zines, another installment of Pete's Mini Zine Fest! A portion of the table fee benefits the New York Public Library! Come buy comics and zines from some awesome people and enjoy the onstage entertainment and refreshing beverages at Pete's!

Sunday September 25th from 2PM to 7PM at Pete's Candy Store (709 Lorimer St. Brooklyn, NY)

There's an official facebook invite over here if you like stalking the attendees.

There is also a kickoff party on Saturday the 24th from 6PM-8PM featuring live zine readings, comedienne Emily Heller and the band Phil and the Osophers.

If you missed Pete's Mini Zine Fest in May, here's your second chance to check it out!


Flyer designed by L. Nichols

I should also add that it's the final hours of the Kickstarter for the Syndicate Product Zine #20: The META- COMICS Issue. I have a comic in this issue and am so excited to see the final book! A.J.'s project has reached its goal (woo-hoo!) but any additional funds make the final zines that much more snazzy and send them to zine libraries around the world. If you like reading self-published comics and zines, consider making a donation and getting some fun rewards!

No comments: