Thursday, December 22, 2011

All I want for Christmas...


Yep, you guessed it! This kiddo is hoping for her two front teeth. Her design is loosely based upon myself as a kid, although her hair is a bit more red and a tad more unruly than mine was. Almost all my childhood holiday dresses sported a variation of that smocking which was so popular in the 80s.

I had the idea for this last year, but didn't finish a drawing for it at the time. It felt fitting to paint it up since I finally paid off the two new teeth that I got last January!

(Short back story: I fell on my face in high school, broke my teeth and had the same caps for about 5 years longer than I should have. One came off in a sandwich last December after a trip to the Met. So they got replaced with shiny new ones that only took me an entire year to pay off. Merry Christmas to me!)

No comments: