Thursday, April 04, 2013

Drink and Draw Like a Lady and Convention Schedule for 2013

The MoCCA Arts Festival is this weekend. It's the first year since I started attending as an exhibitor that I won't have a table, but I will be walking around on Saturday. So if you see me, say hi! I'll have some Cooking Up Comics bookmarks and possibly some of my Rock On! zines.

I am also excited about the annual Drink and Draw Like a Lady party on Friday evening. I was super pleased to draw the flyer for this years' event. It will be held at a new venue thanks to the very awesome Susan Godfrey of The Productive co-working space in midtown!
If you are a lady interested in comics, please stop by!


Although I won't be tabling at MoCCA, I did get taken off the wait list for the Brooklyn Zine Fest which will take place at Public Assembly in Williamsburg on April 21st! I don't have much time to get anything new together, but I will be doing a reprint of Urban Nomad #1 which has been out of print for most of last year.

I also found out yesterday that I officially have a half table at SPX in Maryland this September! This is a show I've been looking forward to attending for years and this is the first time it looks like it will work out! I'm very excited to work on some new material before the Fall.

This will probably be the extent of the conventions I attend this year, but if I end up doing more I'll add them to the handy "Upcoming Appearances" list to the right. Looking forward to catching up with my cartoonist friends in real life instead of online!


No comments: