Thursday, April 03, 2014

MoCCA Fest this weekend!

What is it about an impending deadline that makes you want to give yourself MORE work?! Well I decided at the end of last week to put together a short print run of Cooking Up Comics for MoCCA Fest this weekend (April 5th & 6th).

The comics are full color, about 9x7 inches, 12 pages long and include 3 recipes from the site. I plan to give some of them to publishers and sell the rest at Table H9 where I will be both Saturday and Sunday. I have a handful of Cooking Up Comics magnets left which I will probably not be reprinting any time soon. And of course my Urban Nomad comics, new cat stickers and a bunch of free Cooking Up Comics bookmarks. So come say hi!

Here's a photo of the comic proof I approved yesterday. I think they're going to look pretty classy!


I also got my first convention banner in the mail today! Thanks to my husband Allan for helping me figure out what to do with the name plate design. Pretty excited to debut the banner at my MoCCA table this weekend!


Come visit Alison Wilgus and I at the south side of the Armory (68 Lexington Ave bet. 25th and 26th St.) at Table H9 this weekend! Entry is $5 per day, the convention is open from 11 am to 6 pm. And if you're a woman who enjoys comics, come out to Drink & Draw Like a Lady this Friday at 7pm. RSVP at the event's Facebook page.

No comments: