Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vegetarian at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival: New Zealand

As a vegetarian planning to eat at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, first I checked out the handy online menu of each country to see which ones I'd want to try. It turned out that most of my choices were either drinks or desserts. Good thing I like both! With my soggy map in hand, (see previous post) Allan and I continued our way clockwise around the marketplace.

Yep, still raining.

It was dark by this point, and the Japan pavilion was lit up although most of the food kiosks in that area appeared to be closed.
Lantern outside the Japan pavilion

I only eat seafood occasionally, but I did try a bite of Allan's selection from the New Zealand kiosk and it was delightful. The curry purée and radish salad were a wonderful complement to the delicate flavor of the sea scallop. Definitely a dish to taste at Epcot!


I didn't take any photos near the New Zealand kiosk, but here's one from a courtyard in Morocco.
Moroccan courtyard fountain

No comments: